Saturday, June 4, 2011

blogging fail...triathlon win?

Heeeyyyyy

*sheepish*

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I've gotten my detailed race email, my fancy tight running/biking shorts, my race number and wave, and I'm ready.

A couple of things you may have missed:

1. I'm sad about Kate's foot. I'll let her go into more detail if she wishes, but long story short she's not doing the race. On the up side I get to borrow her super fast bike machine; on the downside I have no one to race with and will be doing this for the first time by myself. Which is fine. I mean, it's not like I've never done anything by myself before. But well, you know. This was our joint endeavor.

2. It turns out Buffalo Lake is shallow, and so they're expecting the water temp to be around 68-70. That's...not as bad as I was expecting. For a swim that will only take ten minutes, I've forgone the wetsuit route in favor of finding an outfit that will work for all three events. Air temp should be around 80 F, and overcast.

3. That said, I bought a pair of Zoot Tri Shorts, tight little things that ride just under my gut...but that's, uh, my gut's fault, right? I'm going to wear them over my swimsuit for the swim, and just before hopping on my bike I plan on pulling on a workout top type thing (mostly because I don't trust my old-ass suit to contain my boobage on the run portion). I think it should work.

4. I'm fucking excited.

Keep an eye on TriBuff.com for race results and information! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. do these effectively hide my thunder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan on the outfit! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete