Thursday, April 21, 2011

blergggg

Parts of my body demanded that this week I taper.



The weather didn't help either.

Bike riding is still going well but running came to a dead halt because my neck dictated to my back that all movement was painful and should therefore be avoided, so I had to go back to just doing my simple physical therapy exercises until things (literally) straightened themselves out again. I did a short run tonight (why is that everyone in my neighborhood feels like they can heckle me while I'm running? I know my ass is 'daaaaayum'-worthy, but you have to work for same as I did, people. C'mon!) and felt okay. 1.5 miles only, but I tried to pick up my pace from the speed I normally go. It went okay.

Swimming just went to the wayside because, as Kate has noted, sometimes it's hard to put in the effort to get in the pool. Once I'm there I'm always happy. Sigh. I'll go tomorrow.

A taper's not so bad at this point, just a little one, right? The next few weeks I can ramp it up and start to really push, and just in time taper again a week or two before the tri to get rested. Only 44 more days...yikes!



I need some advice on what to wear. Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. dayyummmm... you are pretty amazing. i probably dont have good advice about what to wear, but im glad your neck is headed back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice your transitions - it will help you determine what to wear. The less you have to change between events, the faster you will be. You don't want to improve your running pace by 60 seconds only to spend 3+ minutes in the transition area!

    ReplyDelete