Sunday, April 10, 2011

Stupid Setbacks

While it's been beautiful for the past week (aka exactly what I was waiting for), I failed to stretch before running last week and therefore have been faced with completely obnoxious pain in my left foot upon any attempt to run. It's getting better day by day, but I think the worst idea would be to run on it before its good and ready, lest I damage it further/again.

In other news, my bike helmet has lost its ability to be adjustable and unfortunately is stuck in the "slightly loose" position. I've got an idea for a fix on that one, too, but it's made me wary of biking (amidst traffic, with the sun beating down on me and a humid 70+ degree breeze cooling me as I zip along the inviting, freshly cleaned streets).

It wasn't a total waste of a week, though. I lifted a bit and re-realized the importance of stretching, with the help of my foot and my mother, who sent along a set of stretching exercises from a Bellin training course she got herself entangled with.


1 comment:

  1. http://30-days-of-biking.blogspot.com/

    I want to be those people. I took a look at the second picture (with the sheeps) and thought 'man, that must be England'. Oh man, I can't wait until I'm done defending tomorrow! Then I get to go outside!!!!

    ReplyDelete