Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Boom There's the Wall

I feel like I've hit a wall, and that wall is made out of swimming.

It's just so easy to not swim. I'm not swimming right now! Running and biking are a little tougher, because they're a lot less involved than swimming. Sometimes you have to run a few blocks to catch a bus. And sometimes it's really the fastest, easiest way to bike over to the corner store. It is never simply a matter of convenience to swim. It's either necessary or it's planned.

I never feel like swimming. It seems like such a hassle to change all the way into my suit, take a shower, swim, take a shower, dry off, and change back into street clothes. I've been running outdoors more which keeps that part of my routine interesting. But the outdoor jog around town, swinging by the gym on my way back is merely a perfunctory card-swiping experience rather than a real work out. I'm certainly not going to swim at the gym if I can't even muster the determination to be there for more than 2 minutes.

So how do I do it? How do I get geared up about swimming?

1 comment:

  1. I feel you. For as much as I love swimming, it is a hassle to get ready to do it, and then get cleaned up and ready for real life afterward. I tend to make sure I've planned enough time for those things as well as the swimming, otherwise I won't do it. Maybe pick a day or two when you have more time, or have less obligation to not smell like chlorine, and nominate it "Swimming Day". Then stick by it.

    And also, we should swim together, bike together, run together, all these things, on a more regular basis. How about we start this weekend?

    ReplyDelete