Wednesday, March 2, 2011

in french it's called 'la vitesse'

Already this week, workout-wise, has gone better than the two previous. I've made my first running and biking goal, and I've already swam twice. Running is still not really all that pleasant on a treadmill, but I'm gaining a bit more endurance. Still holding out for nicer weather...except that tomorrow's forecast calls for snow and the beginning of next week on my phone weather app simply states 'big storm'. Balls.

The joy of my week is that my swimming speed is coming back. I'm finding my reserves on longer hauls and remembering how to use my legs to propel a graceful and powerful arm stroke. While I was exhausted after both my swims this week, the during bit felt strong and fast. I'm getting better at creating a workout that utilizes the Hilton's incredible short pool so that I don't go crazy trying to calculate distance and times. And it's just so good to be in the water again.

Of course, I don't so much like going outside afterward and having my hair freeze. That bit sucks a big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment