Sunday, February 27, 2011

I've made a huge mistake...

I attempted to go to the YMCA on a Sunday afternoon to go swimming. Though you can probably guess, let me tell you who was using the pool at the YMCA--children. Thousands of them. They were throwing balls, floaty things, handfuls of water, one another...anything and everything. They were shrieking. They were pestering the lifeguard, they were pestering one another, and they were pestering me. They were really good at being kids, but not particularly good at being courteous pool-sharers.

There were three lanes designated for lap swimming. Unfortunately those were already taken with multiple people in a lane, and my patience had already taken a cut upon seeing a foam noodle trespass into lap territory.

The whirlpool was at capacity with the 55+ crowd, and the sauna even had a pair of chatty Cathys.

I've learned my lesson.

2 comments:

  1. Which YMCA? I had lots of luck with the Downtown YMCA on weekends. Just check when their classes are, which are usually mornings, and show up after them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this mistake last weekend with the Hilton pool. They were playing host to some sort of high school dance competition and the pool was filled with teenagers. Oh the humanity.

    ReplyDelete