Tuesday, February 15, 2011

let's talk..$$$

I've added two controversial items today, and both of them involve money. I know that sounds annoying and so not hipster and cool of us, but...

The fact is, tris can be costly. You need to cover registration fees, gear (which includes repair and replacements as well as new purchases), training and gym costs, and (hopefully not) medical care.

So Kate and I discussed it and we agreed that 100% of any revenue gained from this blog would go toward our registration costs, and in the unlikely event that it exceeded that, we would put it toward gear and general triathlon expenses.

That means, you'll see a little ad bar down on the right there, below our archived posts. For every click, AdSense generates a little revenue for us, and when it gets to a certain point, they send us a check.

In addition, I've added a secure PayPal donate button to the side panel there, so if you're feeling like clicking on ads ain't your thing (oh you silly non-internet robot you!), and you've got a few extra dollars, you can send us some love in the form of sweet, sweet USD. We promise to only use it for good things, like new shoes and bike repair, and only occasionally spend a little of it on beer and cheese fries.

Mama wants a new bicycle. Just sayin'.

If you have any feedback/questions/strongly worded opinions about said moves, please keep them to yourself. We absolutely do not value public discourse.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Rant away, you freedom-of-speech loving world citizens, rant away.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ladies,

    I ran an Ironman ("140.6") last year. I have plenty of advice, that usually people don't want, but maybe you guys do. <3 Goooooood luck!

    Contact me here: http://www.facebook.com/adventureanna

    ~ Anna B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we want your advice, Anna! You're the most bad-ass athletic type person I know. :D

    ReplyDelete